Sunday 11 January 2009

Training

Yesterday really inspired me to do more HTM with Rum as his heelwork can be really stylish and he would look great in the HTM ring. He has had really bad ring nerves but when I competed with him in September he was so much better and only had one concentration lapse. Because of this I have concentrated on his agility and not taught him many moves but now I want to do some more with him as I think we could overcome the ring shyness. I really like his heelwork so would like to go down the HTM route really rather than freestyle at the moment, but there are so many HTM positions I need to teach some more!

We did some training in the garden this morning concentrating on weave entries and I did some heelwork with Rum. I am still not happy with his weaves as he is chopping and changing his style through the weaves and I want him to be consistently weaving with one style whichever it may be. I think I am more likely to get the one foot style as it is only when he is being lazy he goes to consistently two stepping through. Perhaps I am being too fussy! Here’s a vid:

Dog Training from Gina Graham on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Allison Walton said...

If he does one foot or two, he still looks amazing!!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo