Thursday 9 August 2007

Dashin Dogs Agility Show

First run of the day was 1-7 combined agility which I wasn't particularly fussed about, he worked lovely and went round clear, we had one twizzle just before the last jump as I hung back thinking he missed the see-saw contact, his time was the same as Lee and Che (who also had a twizzle) so I was pleased we weren't in the placings otherwise it would have been a run off! Really pleased with the way I and he ran it. Grade 3 agility with dreaded 6 weaves, which surprise surprise he came out at the end! I pushed him across his A-frame and held him there while I ran ahead so was chuffed with that, then he did lovely bounce jumps down the line of jumps. He rushed his see-saw and fell off then did the same with the dogwalk, so I don't know what went on there! He was a bit hesitant after that. In Grade 3 Jumping he was a naughty boy and I took him out which I would never do in a jumping especially a young dog, but he decided to do some weird things - I put it down to the fact we had to run all 3 in a row with no break in between. Just wish he had gone clear in Grade 3 not 1-7!!

Cas had a nice steady clear in grade 5 jumping and came 9th. Missed her dogwalk in the 1-7 agility and then got E’d in grade 5 agility so I reinforced her contacts. In the pairs final we got through to the 2nd round with a double clear, we again had a double clear but the other pair just beat us!

No comments: