Saturday 8 March 2008

Crufts - Jumping

I left Cas in the van for the morning as Crufts gets so busy at the weekend, she was happier in the van. Got her in for the Senior Jumping in the YKC ring which was a trial in itself as it was sooooo busy!! Walked the course and I thought how nice it was, however I would have to be careful not to call her too early on a couple of turns as I would risk the pole down. Paws were covered in paw spray and we were running 8th. First hurdle was not knocking the first jump down, took a bit of a risk by sending her into the flat tunnel while cutting the corner but I made sure I told her tunnel. Managed to get a front cross in for the first turn and Cas almost picked up the weaves which I did not see her doing, just called her off in time though! Phew! Then I made sure I didn't rush her and went every step of the way as when they run on carpet they don't seem to commit as early as they do normally. Anyway we finished 3rd!!

3 comments:

Leanne Hurren said...

Well done Gina and Cas!! It was good to meet you on Saturday.

Lucinda said...

Hi, my name is lucinda i saw you perform at crufts in the heelwork to music well done!

Karen said...

Well done Gina, she is totally gorgeous, just makes you realise how special these rescue dogs are :0) luv karen and the gang xx