Sunday 6 April 2008

Baughton Unaf

Rum's first run was agility (all classes combined 4-7) and I went in hoping his contacts would be nice and fast and not make an issue of them. Well his dogwalk was lovely so I told him to stop and he went straight to the bottom and off (I use a wait command after the stop when I hold them), had a very wide turn and almost into the weaves but I managed to get him back, lovely see-saw, lovely tight turn before the tunnel and a lovely A-frame (again just with stop). I was so pleased he was soooo confident on his contacts and he ended up 1st! He had a lovely clear in jumping but stupid me went the wrong way and got us eliminated, it was clear for him though as that's how I had run it lol! Then Helter Skelter and he was going lovely but pulled off a jump I think because I turned too early perhaps.

Cassie's agility run was rubbish as per usual, we got eliminated before even starting as she took a signal from my other arm which was flapping!! Anyway she missed her dogwalk and A-frame and I realise having watched the video back that she is actually hoping off every time just before the contact and I think she associates that area with me faffing with her (ie putting her back on) and is avoiding it so I don't know what to do about that! She ran it nicely though. Then the jumping and she did the same as she did at the start of the agility and jumped behind me getting eliminated. Finally Helter Skelter and we went clear, ended up 1st! I cannot believe the difference in her jumping since she has seen the chiropractor this last week, she was measuring standard height so badly last weekend and having found her front leg, shoulder and neck were twisted and being put right she was back on form today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello. I'm not speak much well in English. Sorry for my mystakes.
You have much becoming and able dogs. I like Rum :)
I have border collie Artuš. Artuš is 8 month old.
Bye Veronika
www.boroninka.blog.cz
www.bocartus.websnadno.cz