Saturday 21 June 2008

Watford Agility

Rum ran Grade 4 Agility first, he was lovely - contacts nice and quick (though DWalk was a bit creepy) but he came out of his last weave then had a pole - have been working on some jumping exercises this week (see bottom vid), he isn't leaping as much as he used to so we're getting there. Then Grade 4 Jumping I actually remember to start turning him before a jump but did so too much and he pulled off - grrrr! In pairs he got Eliminated, it was such an easy course but I must admit I did leave him to it a bit and he dodged a jump - shame as he was going soooo nicely. We didn't seem to be in tune today, I think because I was in tune with the diddy dogs :-D

Cas ran pairs with my mum (who has only run Cas twice before and that's the only time she's done agility!), anyway despite her telling Cas left when she meant right they only went clear, really ashamed of Rum and I's round! LOL. Then Grade 6 Agility which I hadn't walked as wasn't sure I would run but I did and OMG, got a wait, she got all her contacts solidly and did it sooo nicely (wasn't a nice course!) but stupid handler pulled her off a jump commanding her like I did Rum! Lastly Grade 6 Jumping and a nice clear, she came 13th bless, it wasn't a Cas course as was quite big,

Ember was fab today, this dog is soo frustrating! In jumping we made a bit of a mess of everything which we tend to do in the first run. Then Agility and her contacts and wait and weaves were lovely, she refused the see-saw as needs really clear signals to contacts, then we missed a pull through and did a round lol but was reallt pleased. Finally the Euk Qualifier which was challenging and we were doing so well until we got to the A-frame, I started to get excited and didn't command her firmly and she missed it, after that I gave up for the next bit as was gutted, but she then went and picked the weaves up really nicely.

Video of most of the runs from the show:



Jumping training from Thursday:

No comments: