Saturday 11 October 2008

Agility Addicts

Ran Rum round agility first, knocked first pole so didn't say a word for contacts and he was straight into position so I held him there with a stop, in round two stupid handler pulled him off a jump by commanding too early. He had a fab clear round Jump N Gamble and we went for a super gamble (only way to win) which is jump-tunnel-weaves with handler behind the line, he didn't get it and I didn't really expect him to. Then Novice Jumping and he was clear, I am really having to run to keep up and he had a couple of moments where he looked back to check where I was, in round 2 I tried something different and we were E'd but he ended up 1st with his first round result.

Cas started with Senior Jumping and just could not seem to hear me after the first jump and was totally confused about where to go so I took her out, the noise was horrendous and she is really struggling hearing wise at the moment. In Round 2 it was a lot quieter but she had a pole down and still felt a bit unsure. Finally Open Jump N Gamble and she had a lovely clear and did the Super Gamble ending up 1st.

Ember started with Senior Jumping and to my amazement was clear, I thought she was a bit wide so wanted to tighten her up on the second round but it caused her to miss weave entry and knock a pole, anyway she ended up 1st with her first round result. Unfortunately in Jump N Gamble she had a pole out so didn't get as far as the gamble, her time was about the same as Cassie's too. Then Senior Agility, in Round 1 I got lost and in Round 2 I didn't send her out enough past a jump and we got E'd. Am still struggling with her A-frame contact, out of 4 times she got it 3 but I cannot get her into a nice stop and hold grr.

Anyway a good day with a win for each :-)))

No comments: