Sunday 5 October 2008

UKA Top Barn Agility

What a horrible wet morning, I ran Rum in agility and my god he was flying (I think he thought woo hoo we're back outdoors again lol!) he flew over the dogwalk and lost his footing and missed the contact which was fair enough, so I put him back over, see-saw fab and A-frame just amazing, so quick right into position and I held him there calling him over the finish. Then Novice Jumping and he broke his wait and so I put him back eliminating us, ran the rest nicely and did the pull throughs well. In Novice Steeplechase he had a nice clear with a couple of hairy moments and came 2nd. In Novice Snooker he had to do the A-frame 4 times, and OH MY GOD he was amazing, way ahead of me straight into position, 2nd time he released himself (I think I may have been late with my command to hold him in position), 3rd time straight into position, we made a bit of a mess of the rest of the course so I sent him off round a corner and over the A-frame while I was ahead and a jump away to the side - he was straight into position again. I am soooo pleased with his contacts he has always always done his second A-frame in a creeping manner and I am just amazed at how different his contacts have been - lets hope it continues!!

Cas was fantastic and did a lovely round in Novice Jumping coming 1st and also in Novice Steeplechase also coming 1st - the standard height suits her so much better.

Ember was a struggle as Novice Agility was a big spacey course and she tends to twizzle and yip when there are big gaps between obstacles when I can't keep up! Then Novice Steeplechase and she was flying, went to take the wrong tunnel so I called her, started heading towards the right tunnel then I could see her think 'ooh perhaps it's not tunnel after all' and she pulled off getting 5r but still finished 2nd. Her Novice Jumping was a real shame as I just ran out of puff half way round (I had had something like 5 runs in the last 10 mins running back and forth to the van) lol. Snooker was a disaster so I carried her out, I just cannot send her on to obstacles that are miles apart and I cannot keep up.

1 comment:

Jessixa said...

Well Done!!
Great Reports!!!