Tuesday 4 November 2008

Cassie

Well I have been concerned about Cas for a couple of months so I booked her in for a hearing test. As soon as we got there we realised she was going to have to be sedated, she only glanced at the vet and was barking at her. Cas was determined not to give in, but eventually after 15 mins she succumbed and the hearing test could be started. I have never known Cas so floppy she's normally such a stiff little dog always alert - it was quite weird! Turns out she has normal hearing in both ears at 40 decibels so I don't know what it is with her, I guess she's just becoming stubborn in her old age! Lol.

She came around quickly after being given the reversal injection which surprised the vet as she said they normally take a long time, but not Cas she was going to be awake even if she didn't feel it! Bless though she's still a bit wobbly and has actually worked quite well as she has slept through the fireworks! She'll be standing there and all of a sudden her front leg will go and wake her up again and she's still a bit floppy and cuddly - I can give her a fuss without her wanting to play! Here she is in her TTouch wrap.

A vid of her trying to fight sleep, lolol!

I bought a sat nav last week as my job has changed and am out on the road a bit now, was quite funny as I have it connected to my phone and I received a text on my way with Cas tonight and it read the text out loud. I was in histericks listening to it trying to interpret text lingo lol! I have a sad life! And if anyone is selling tickets to see The Killers in Brum let me know as am desperate for some!!

4 comments:

Laura Drysdale said...

Ahhhh another person who didn't get Killers tickets... We failed aswell :( Glad to hear Cas's hearing is ok :) xx

Unknown said...

I know gutted, it's all these flippin ticket touts buying them up and selling them at twice the price! Grrr, lol.

Leanne Hurren said...

Can you tell me some more about the ttouch wrap Gina. How effective is it? Vince has really struggled with fireworks this year so need to prepare for new year & next NOvember

Unknown said...

Yes I think it does, it calms her down a lot, she's still not perfect but she doesn't panic like she does without it. However we went to a TTouch practitioner and learnt how to do some basic TTouch and get her used to the wrap first.