Sunday 9 November 2008

UKA Hereford

I hadn't entered the show but decided to go and enter on the day because the photographer would be there to take some shots of Diz. However he phoned yesterday to say he wasn't going so I thought I wouldn't bother either having seen the weather forecast. Anyway I woke up at 6:45 this morning and decided I would go after all! When I arrived the sun was shining :-)

Rum ran Novice Steeplechase 1 first and it was a naggy course, needless to say we didn't get round but it was my fault because I tried to cut a corner and didn't send him out enough. Novice Jumping followed and the scribe said to go and when Rum was over the first jump the judge said in your own time and I lost concentration as I wondered whether we should have gone and in that split second Rum was off! Then Novice Steeplechase 2 and the course was a proper steeplechase, Rum had a lovely clear but didn't seem that fast however I think the jumps were quite tight and he was having to gather himself for each, anyway to my surprise he won it. Last was Novice Agility and he had number 3 down so I trained the rest - his contacts were really nice :-)

Cassie's first run was Novice Steeplechase 1 and I knew I could get her round, she ran beautifully, clear and won it. Then Novice Jumping, again a lovely clear and won it. Finally Novice Steeplechase 2 and she had a pole down when I was stupid and did a front cross I didn't need to, she then stumbled and had the next pole down. She's a good girlie.

Ember was an utter nightmare in Novice Steeplechase 1 so I didn't hold out much hope for Novice Jumping with a tricky weave entry but OMG she was absolutely AMAZING and I think it is probably one of our best if not THE best run ever, she was a whole 2 seconds quicker than Cas and needless to say won it. She was just so in tune with me. Novice Steeplechase 2 followed and another stonking clear, again she won it. Novice Agility was last and I opted to go for a training round to reinforce her contacts but otherwise she ran nicely. She is getting so much better with her send ons.

So 5 wins in one day, I do feel a little greedy, but the dogs were just fab. Couldn't resist a photo, the trophies were tankards so we have 5 tankards now :-D

3 comments:

Kicks said...

well done! sounds like a great day x

Vicki said...

well done - thats fab!!

Anonymous said...

Well done!!! xx