Sunday 16 September 2007

Bromsgrove Agility Show

Rum's first run was combined 1-3 agility, it was a real blast of a course and I decided I would really push him round and push his contacts (give my best shot at winning!) and he had a lovely round, his contacts were nice and fast and his turns were tight. And…….we won it!! So pleased as was quite warming to the idea of being in grade 4 next year. We ran combined 1-7 agility after that and I reinforced his contacts having just blasted him round, he did a lovely run but unfortunately had two poles down on a tight corner as he just didn’t seem to be able to get his stride right. Grade 3 jumping was our last run and the less I say about that the better lol! We got E’d after the third jump as Rum struggles with going round a box when there’s a jump close by, having such a long stride he is hard work to turn! After that it all went to pot!

On Sunday our first run was grade 3 agility and I was so pleased, he ran it sooo nicely but similar to his jumping yesterday he didn’t come round the box and got E’d over another jump – this is something we have never really done in training so I need to set this sequence up in the garden and practice it as we have come across it three times at the last 3 shows. We really struggled round 3-5 jumping as it was very tight and I just couldn’t get there in time, he had a nice 1-7 jumping round but was a similar thing and took another jump instead of coming through a bit of a box. There seem to have been a lot of pull offs this weekend which we haven’t really done as I have wanted him really confident to go on etc. but now he has the confidence I am going to do some work on pull offs!!


Cas had a lovely Grade 5 Jumping run and came 2nd. In both her agility classes she just missed the dogwalk – aargh! On Sunday she ran the agility and missed A-frame and See-saw then when the agility was re-run she just missed the see-saw – a real shame as it was a lovely run. Both her jumping classes I made a mess of!

No comments: