Sunday 23 September 2007

Paws In The Park - Agility & HTM

Rum and I started off the weekend with a really messy round in combined 3-5 Jumping - a few poles down, I don't think we really worked together in that! Followed up by a lovely clear in Combined 3-5 Agility, I pushed his contacts to see how he would fair against the 4s and 5s and he came 4th!!! So pleased with that. Last run was Combined 1-4 Helter Skelter, there were some tight spacings so I put in some steadies (after his 1st run!) and he had a nice clear and came 4th in that too! So am confident he is ready for Grade 4.
Sunday started with pairs, I went first and he had a lovely clear, went round like a rocket but hesitated at the last jump as I couldn't keep up!! My mum ran Cas and she went clear as well but had the same hesitation. Combined 1-3 Agility was next and he went a long way around a jump as he hesitated - I didn't go far enough with him, then he missed his A-frame but I think that is my fault as I was really pushing him yesterday so I need to start holding them again. Last run was Combined 1-3 Jumping and he had a nice round with just a pole down. He also performed his Starters HTM routine today and performed the best he has ever done, came 2nd which now moves him up to Novice. He has been a real star this weekend. Here is a video of his runs:


And a video of his htm routine:

Cas – don’t ask!! Had a fab Elimination in combined 3-5 Jumping but she did the rest lovely at a distance. Naughty girl missed her A-frame in agility, as shame as she had done the rest lovely. Her HTM didn’t go brilliantly but we had a 6th and qualified us for the Crufts semis, we were then asked to perform the routine in Richard Curtis arena. She qualified for the Weave Challenge Knockout in the main ring, with weaves which had a right angle in the middle! And she won it! My little weave demon J Sunday was again a bit pants, she had a pole down in the jumping and then in the agility I had lost heart a bit and we made a right mess of the course. So the only clear she had all weekend was when my mum ran her in pairs and she has never run an agility dog before or done any training with Cas! Here's the Weave Challenge Video:


And a video of her freestyle routine:

No comments: