Sunday 10 May 2009

Beacon Agility

Rum's first run was the CSJ qualifier and I thought I would quick release his contacts if they were solid, and they were stunning he was so confident about getting into his position and was completely solid until his release. Unfortunately I didn't push him into a jump and we got 5R, he then proceeded to fly his see-saw as he saw his lead so I put him back on it. Then G1-5 Jumping which was more like a G5 course, tyre, jump then a choice for the dog of 2 jumps, weave or tunnel. I thought I would risk it, just tell him weave and not really baby him at all, much to my surprise he zoomed past everything else and picked them up, I should have more faith! Unfortunately we had a pole down and another 5r when I crossed behind a jump too soon pulling him off. Finally Dog Vegas qualifier and he had pole 3 down so I thought I may as well really hold his contacts and he was really good, especially pleased with the dogwalk as I carried on running past the last jump while he was on his contact then released :)

Cas had a jumping class and had a couple of poles down but worked well.

Nice early finish today!!

No comments: