Monday 4 May 2009

Shrewsbury Agility

I was judging all day Saturday, didn’t get finished till about 6pm! Then I didn’t get much sleep on Saturday night and so Sunday I was rather shattered to say the least!! The caravan was fab (first use) even if I didn't sleep in it a single night and it was there 3!! And thank you so much to a certain person who gave her time up to teach a few of us some reversing techniques and I got it on the drive first time - Yeah!! :)

Rum ran the Derby first and his contacts were perfect, nice solid stop position and release but unfortunately he had the spread down. Then 4-5 Agility and I was so pleased he went straight into his stop on the dogwalk while I was moving to the side a jumps width away to call him back, he was so solid until I released. He had a pole down and we had a bit of a moment where I got a little confuzzled, his a-frame was perfect too. I was SO pleased with him, fingers crossed he’s confident again with his position. I have been testing my courses with him when I have judged and played tuggy while he is on his contact and it seems to be working, touch wood!

Cas was in a tricky C6-7 Jumping and really could have done with a wait but if I hadn’t moved too soon I think we could have done it, she had 2 poles anyway. Then a lovely G6-7 Jumping and she worked really nicely, just had the first pole down and I moved to soon on a flick flack.

Ember ran in G6-7 Jumping and to be honest I wasn’t up to it as it was first thing in the morning and she started fighting me so I took her out. After a few hours sleep we were ready to roll in a tricky C6-7 Jumping and we did the first half fabulously well then came a cropper when I moved too quickly past a flick flack (again, this is something I am going to have to work on now I can run a bit faster!!) and pushed her out. Finally C6-7 Agility which I hadn’t walked as was queuing for another run, I didn’t call her enough off a jump as I didn’t think it was that close, so annoyed as her contacts were the best they have been in a long time and she picked up a tricky weave entry and did some lovely work.


While I am on I have to say a huge well done to Lee and the gorgeous Scott who won three grade 5 agility classes over the Bank Holiday weekend, taking them firmly into grade 6. Not forgetting the naughty merle who had a 3rd in Champ.

Lee Gibson Workshop DVD available now from http://www.leegibsontraining.com/

No comments: