Sunday 18 May 2008

Waldridge Fell Agility

SATURDAY- Rum ran Novice Olympia first, had a lovely run but judge marked his up contact, boo hoo(see vid) - I hate up contacts lol!! Then his graded agility he picked up 5F again and am not sure why, shame he would have won the class by 2 seconds, but then saying that I don't want him in Grade 5 yet. In his first jumping run he must have had about 5 jumps down, only thing I can thing is the ring was quite slippy.
SUNDAY - First run was combined 3-5 Agility and he was naughty and flew his see-saw so I put him back over it and left the ring. Then Combined 3-5 Jumping which he ran lovely but for some reason came out of the 4th weave?!? Graded Jumping and he had a pole down - otherwise again lovely and a nice wait too. Finally Graded Agility and he blatantly jumped his A-Frame contact so I put him back over and left the ring.

SATURDAY - Cas had a lovely clear in Combined 6-7 Jumping but was unplaced, unfortunately had a pole down in the Graded 6-7 Jumping. She had nice runs in both agility classes just missing her A-Frame contact in both.
SUNDAY - Again a nice clear in Combined 6-7 Jumping and a pole down in the Graded Jumping grrr. In Graded Agility I needed a wait so really reinforced it and got one but she knocked the first pole, typical! She then went on to run by tyre as I didn't tell her enough but otherwise got round a REALLY tough course and got all her contacts. Final agility and I got a 4 jump recall out of her which is generally unheard of, but again missed her A-Frame contact.

SATURDAY - Oh my god this little sheltie is on form!! She knocked the first pole in Graded Jumping but otherwise had a nice if a little messy round. Then we ran Combined 1-7 Jumping and she felt lovely, fab clear and we ended up 1st! Finally Graded Agility and she ran by the A-Frame but otherwise a lovely round and stunning contacts, 5 jump recall and again came 1st! 2 wins in a day, I have never had 2 wins in a year with her!
SUNDAY - I think I may have dreamt this weekend! Started with Graded Agility and she ran by the see-saw and self released her A-frame, so I put her back on her contact (don't want to lose them!). Then a stunning clear in Graded Jumping, another 1st. Finally a tough (for Ember) Combined 1-7 Jumping, really straight, fast weave entry - well amazingly we had a stonking clear and another 1st! 4 wins at one show, 6 wins in 2 months, not bad going :-)))

Click here to watch 'Rum-Olympia-Q-Waldridge'

3 comments:

Vicki said...

well done on your wins!

Leanne said...

Go Ember! Is she Grade 7 yet?!

Saw Rum fly is seesaw in the agility, he is such a gorgeous dog. I wish I'd seen him run when he wasn't being naughty!

Unknown said...

Nope not yet, she is officially Grade 6 at Watford onwards so then combined wins will count otherwise she would be half way there!