Sunday 4 May 2008

Shrewsbury Agility

Rum and I didn't do very well this weekend, his contacts were stunning and his turns were lovely but his weaves were awful!! He missed the entry twice, skipped the second pole and came out the last but one. He was really rocketing round this weekend and I think he just could not stop himself to steady before the weaves - aaarrrgh! We've not had this problem before he has always been perfect and trouble is with training indoors he isn't getting the same speed up that he does when he is outdoors.

Cas I am a little worried about, I think she may be starting to go deaf as the last couple of weeks I have lost her on a walk and she hasn't come back - have had to jump around like a loony to get her back! Then at home she keeps missing the last weave when I am away from her which she has never done. Her contacts weren't too bad if I was up there with her. She had a clear and 10th in Grade 6 Jumping with a couple of wide turns. Then on Sunday she would not send on in her jumping classes which is VERY unlike her which makes me think there is something going on. A 4 jump blast to the end and she pulled off the last to look at me as if to say what next despite me going GO GO GO, so I need to book her in for a hearing test.

Some of our runs from the weekend, lets hope we get it together next show!

View this montage created at One True Media
Shrewsbury Show

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I love watching Rum run! I saw him in the Grade 4 Jumping, shame about the weaves because it looked like a cracking run. I was surprised how many dogs were caught out by the weave entry in that one!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah that was such a fun class to run, needed to take him out more for that entry and straighten him but sometimes he knows best lol