Saturday 28 March 2009

Agility Addicts

Rum started with Senior Agility, he flew his see-saw, a-frame and dogwalk so I put him back on. Then in round two he did the same again so went back on. I am really disheartened about the whole thing and upset because his contacts were so fab and I was so pleased I could have a dog I could trust. Then one training session he slams over the a-frame, hurts his back and is now associating the contact area with pain and I didn’t manage to get him to stop in training once. It is not like him and I just feel really down about him at the mo. Though his turns are great and we almost got round the senior jumping which was really difficult but the stupid handler messed up. In Easter Egg Skelter we were queueing and he was on his agility handle and a dog came up to him which he told to bog off, just had a snap get out of my face and didn’t make contact. I apologised and this woman swore at me and tried to kick Rum, luckily I reacted and pulled him towards me. I was in shock and it was only actually when I got home I thought about it, she tried to kick my dog! People in the queue were really supportive and I would like to thank them for standing up for me as I was just totally taken aback by the whole thing. The woman would not give her name and told members Rum lunged at her dog, which he did not do (and I have witnesses to that) as he was on a handle and was by my side, I hope I never see her again as I am so angry she tried to kick him! Needless to say we didn’t run the class very well and in hindsight I should have gone away and calmed down before running. With everything that has gone on today, him stressing about contacts then that woman I just feel like giving up - he was going so well and now we've just crashed so am kind of glad I am concentrating on Ember this week as she has Wye.

Cas was a star and had a 4th in Senior Jumping and a 2nd in Easter Egg Skelter winning me an Easter Egg.

Ember was good too and got all her contacts, though didn’t go right to the bottom of her A-frame so I put her back on both times, her dogwalk and see-saw were amazing and I held her in position. Senior Jumping she kept coming out of the last weave for some reason but otherwise was FAB! Then Easter Egg Skelter which she flew and won, so another Easter Egg! :)

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Thats awful about that lady trying to kick Rum! People in queues really piss me off.

Well done on the results though xx

Talacae said...

Chin up hunny, you know you will win the contacts back again - remember Tek had a major blip with contacts through most the summer last year but with perseverance they reappeared. Brynn used to associate the contacts with pain due to his crumbling nails but the coaxing eventually worked. Rumble boy will eventually forget the pain and think fun - whats he like if you roll a ball or toy down for him to follow to the end????

Lucky it wasn't Tek the woman tried to kick else she would be now suffering from some serious wounds - from me!!! Don't you know who she was at all???? We will have to seek and destroy lol!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, I have entered 2 days of UKA over Easter which I am pleased I did as I will be able to take a toy in and play tug on the contact, so we will see how it goes then.

No haven't a clue who she is, she was taken into the 'monkey house' but wouldn't give her name. I am quite willing to take responsibility for me allowing him to snap but I would like to know who the hell she was because she can't go round trying to kick peoples' dogs! Grrrr.

itty said...

which days are you going upto easter?

hope you and rum are feeling better, cant stand people like that, sounds like a right b**ch! xx

Unknown said...

I am at TAG Friday & Saturday then UKA Tewkesbury Sunday & Monday. :)