Saturday 14 March 2009

Tuffley Limit Agility

Rum was first up in Graded 3-6 Jumping. It was a rubber surface and I must admit he (and I) struggled on it, I felt like I was sinking and Rum was really clingy, we had 5r as he ran back to me then past a jump - otherwise he ran really well. I have been working on his turns and even in a fast line of jumps he turned on the spot and really tight which was great. Then Helter Skelter and we had a bit of a moment where I almost fell over and he bounced at me asking for directions lol! But otherwise we were clear and came 2nd. Finally agility and he was amazing, his wait, his a-frame, his weave pick up, his turns, his dogwalk was still a little creepy and the handler 3 jumps from the end didn't tell him where to go and another 5r and he then proceeded to get very confused by my flapping!

Cas ran in the jumping first and considering she hasn't done full height since December I was really pleased, she had a fabulous run with just the first pole down. Then helter skelter and I forgot Cas isn't as responsive on her turns and didn't nag her enough so we had a big E. I was really pleased with how she ran though considering the surface and she hasn't run for a while, just one pole. :-)

It was a really nice show, the walks in the woods that back onto the venue were very pleasant and the weather helped too.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

well done on the 2nd!!