Sunday 12 April 2009

UKA Agility - Sun

Rum was really difficult today, he was really stressing in the queue yet yesterday and Friday he was really chilled. The only thing I can think is on the 3rd day of competition the adrenaline levels have just got too high for him to cope. We had a messy clear in Novice Jumping, ending in 5th place. I trained his agility and the steeplechase classes he just wasn’t committing to things and pulling off really easily. So I am really a bit down about him again, he has found it really hard to cope today, thankfully my mum did a lot of queuing for me.

Cas was a little star, clear in Senior Steeplechase with a messy moment and she won, I was really pleased as she did a flick round to the tunnel near the end and this is something I have never really taught her. She demolished the first pole in Novice Jumping which was my fault as I didn’t steady her. In her second steeplechase she just had a pole down as I called her too early. In the final steeplechase she had another nice clear, don’t know if she got anything as there were other nice fast clears.

Finally Ember, started with Novice Jumping and she put in an amazing round, I was sooo chuffed with her – crossed behind weaves, flick away to last jump, pull through and flick round and send ons – she has come on so much, she won the class. In her first steeplechase we made a mess of the start and tunnel entry but did some lovely send ons. I trained her agility as I expected her to push her contacts after yesterday and she did! In her second steeplechase she was fab, lovely send ons but dropped a pole. In the last steeplechase she dropped a pole and started to fight me so I took her out as I don’t want that starting again! She has been dropping more poles than usual this weekend so I think I will have to do some more jumping exercises.

I had entered tomorrow but I won’t be going as it is too much for Rum and Cas only has one or two classes and my back isn’t great so I’m going to give it a miss.


1 comment:

Char said...

Wow Ember looked really stunning. She's sooo fast! x