Saturday 18 April 2009

Westglen HTM

Rum hasn’t done much HTM, we competed in 2007 and he had enough points to move into Novice but towards the end of the year he was frightened by some speakers that fed back really loudly and he was right underneath them! The following show I could hardly get him in the building let alone the ring, so we worked for several months on positive association with HTM let alone the ring. I did a really simple routine last September and he was brilliant so I thought I would teach him some more heel positions and enter him in another show.

Well he was brilliant, he was freaking out a little before we went in as the dog before had been barking & barking dogs are scary! I thought we might end up training and my mum was poised with a tuggy! But now he was fab, the first half of the routine he worked amazingly and the second half we had a couple of moments where he looked a round a bit to make sure everything was okay, I was disappointed with his finish as I just didn’t steady him before he came through my legs – disappointed in myself not him. Otherwise though I couldn’t have been more pleased with him as he was happy and really accurate to start, I just need to do more with him now so he gets used to the environment.

No comments: