Saturday 4 April 2009

Wye Valley

Just Ember at Wye, it was really nice to concentrate on one dog. I took the car and couldn't be bothered to tidy out the boot so she was clipped onto the front seat in her harness. She was really happy apart from when I started singing and dancing and she thought I had gone mad - she can talk though!

Anyways our first one was a quite straight forward Graded 6-7 Jumping, Ember went clear and I was really pleased I managed to cross behind her weaves, followed by a flick flack and two pull throughs which weren't the tightest turns she has ever done and we had a bit of a twizzle before the last jump as I was on the wrong side, we finished 3rd. Then Combined 1-7 Circular and she had a mega wide turn so I tried to tighten her for the second turn only to pull her through, shame as the rest was fast and tight. Then Graded 6-7 Agility, she did fab wrong end of tunnel, pull through and flick round, onto dogwalk, lovely contact, really tricky weave entry she found herself! Then she had a pole down so I trained her contacts for the rest of the round. She has worked so nicely today I am really pleased with her.

2 comments:

Bud Houston said...

It is fun reading your blog. I'm very curious about the language you use as I am from America where we speak a different language in agility. So... what's a flick flack? I think I understand twizzle at least.

Looking at your older blog (when you recounted the events of the woman who swore at you and tried to kick your dog)... I'm curious as to how the game Easter Egg Skelter is played. I'm a bit of a historian of agility games and would love to know this one.

Thanks so much!

Regards,
Bud Houston

Unknown said...

Hiya

Thanks for your comments.

Your sequence 5-7 in your Actualizing the Psychotic Vision… post is what we would refer to in English agility terms as a Flick Flack. Also know as a serpentine or snake.

Re: Easter Egg Skelter. The one class was a Helter Skelter and you had to pick up a chocolate easter egg halfway round whilst directing your dog round a pinwheel. The other was a normal Helter Skelter with Easter Eggs as prizes.

Gina